Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Sister's Coming!!!!

First off I love my sister.  She taught me how to read.  She's funny.  She's smart.  She adventurous. She's gorgeous.  Topmost, she's reliable, by far the most reliable member of my family.  I trust her beyond words. So even if she occasionally rolls her eyes and sighs at me with her older sister "okay I'm gonna be real patient 'cause I love you, but why are you not getting this" sigh, I totally love her and love when she comes to visit.   Last August, visiting with my sister got even better because my nephew entered the picture.  My nephew is just about the best-natured child I have ever met (and I teach young children - so I've met a lot of them).

Also, since brunch was a bit of a bust as far as crowds go, I'm looking forward to showing off the ring and checking out dresses and all that girly fussy stuff.  SO I get a week of playing with my nephew, king of the adorable, and a little newly-engaged wedding planning frenzy with my sister.  Does it get better?

When she arrived, I've had to remind myself to slow down because I wanted to pull all my ideas out of the closet (I did have an inkling this was coming, so I have a few plans...) and just give her stuff to look at, and more stuff, and more stuff, and let's be serious the woman just got off a plane, she's holding a baby, and she is visiting on her way to a summer abroad in preparation for a potential move abroad.  To wit, she's spent the better part of the month, when not caring for her toddler, packing up everything she owns.

She still flashes me a great smile, wants to see the ring, is amazed and gives both me and my love big hugs. 

Tomorrow we can check out pictures of dresses....

No comments:

Post a Comment